Equipment Manufacturers Comments by users

This is an updated list of equipment manufacturers of ground penetrating radar
GeoAdmin
Site Admin

Equipment Manufacturers Comments by users

Post by GeoAdmin »

GeoRadarImaging wrote:
"I just wanted to pop in and vouch for GSSI. We use them exclusively and have found their equipment to be top notch in both quality of construction and reliability in the field."
I moved this post here because it was in the list that now is locked for posting. Please feel free to post your comments in this topic. Keep yourselves civilized though, offensive comments or badmouthing of any manufacturer will be deleted at once. If you have complaints deal with the manufacturer directly not here.
Best regards,
Reinaldo Alvarez Cabrera
Geoscanners AB
Sweden
http://www.geoscanners.com

DickB

Re: Equipment Manufacturers Comments by users

Post by DickB »

I can relate to your comment. We also use (almost) exclusively equipment from GSSI. Only for archeological surveys we sometimes use our Groundtracer GPR. With this system we don't need to produce nice scanlines, but can survey the project area as we want or as we need. The GPS-RTK will log the position simultaniously and afterwards the scan data and the GPS data can easily be integrated to the final product.
Dick Broekhuizen
Grontmij Netherlands bv.

Projectleader Geophysical department

http://www.grontmij.nl

GeoAdmin
Site Admin

Post by GeoAdmin »

Hi DickB
I was merely moving the comment from GeoRadarImaging, but I agree with you, GSSI radars are very well
made, like from many other manufacturers. I guess it is mostly a question of habit more than anything else.
For GSSI radars we produce the lightest and smallest fully compatible antennas on the market, and the only
available truly 100MHz borehole monostatic one.
Groundtracer GPR you say, it looks a lot like a Zond12E and a 500MHz antenna from Radsys in Latvia.
Specially the under water antenna, it's like a 500MHz without the plastic cover. But, what do I know,
looks are deceiving, aren't they? There is at least another company repackaging the Zond12E and a 500MHz
into one device to my knowledge anyway.
Regards,
Reinaldo Alvarez Cabrera
Geoscanners AB
Sweden
http://www.geoscanners.com

Taras

Post by Taras »

Dear Users

I want to ask a question.Which manufacturer of GPR you offer to have a deeper investigation?I mean as I need to investigate depth of 100-150 meters with GPR then I want to know which manufacturer's equipment will have a better response in those depth.Also as I'm a student and thus have a low budget tell me please which one is more economical.tnx

Georadarinfo

Post by Georadarinfo »

Taras wrote:Dear Users

I want to ask a question.Which manufacturer of GPR you offer to have a deeper investigation?I mean as I need to investigate depth of 100-150 meters with GPR then I want to know which manufacturer's equipment will have a better response in those depth.Also as I'm a student and thus have a low budget tell me please which one is more economical.tnx

Dear Taras

At depths of 300 meters is well established GPR complex "Loza". It has been tested on geological polygons and is now widely used in the Exploration
With examples of work you can visit the website
If you have questions you can write me email

Best regards